THE GRAND PRE®
PRE-STERNOTOMY STERNAL PLATING SYSTEM
From the single step delivery of the plate and screw construct, applied pre-sternotomy, to the patented Posi-Lock® ratchet wheel closure, The Grand Pre® is a complete re-think of rigid closure for cardiac surgery.
Orthopaedic, Spine and Craniomaxillofacial specialties all rely on the proven benefits of rigid closure.1,2,3 By securing the plates/screws before cutting the sternum while the surgeon is fresh at the beginning of surgery, it provides quick closure at the end of surgery while ensuring the sternal halves return to their natural anatomical position.
Experience the Efficiency
In collaboration with our developing surgeons, the JACE Medical team of engineers studied the morphology of native sternums to design optimally sized plates and screws. The result is enhanced efficiency with a simplified inventory.
One size locking plate construct with one length of screw
Self-drilling large diameter, unicortical screw eliminates the need for measuring and pre-drilling
No bending or contouring of plates
Intuitive procedure delivery system
A New Standard of Instrumentation
The instrument design focuses on simplifying rigid sternal closure by reducing the number of procedural steps required. The enhancements have the potential for meaningful time savings.
Implant Positioner simultaneously delivers implants and screws to the operative site
Small footprint facilitates access for minimal incisions
Controlled screw delivery, under power, with a calibrated torque limiter
Would you like to be contacted about The Grand Pre® Pre-Sternotomy Sternal Plating System? Please, fill out the form below and a member of our team will get back to you soon:
- All implant components are manufactured from Titanium alloy and thus are nickel free. These are great solutions for a metal sensitive or metal allergic patient.
- All implant components are MRI compatible.
- The Grand Pre® may also be applied post-sternotomy.
- Newman K. History of the AO: The First 50 Years. https://www.aofoundation.org/Structure/the-ao-foundation/Pages/History-of-the-AO.aspx
- Smith SC, Pelofsky, S. Adaptation of Rigid Fixation Cranial Flap Replacement. Neuro-surgery 1191;29(3):417-418